Sunday, August 21, 2016

BookFace! Yes, BookFace!

Three Cheers for Teen Volunteers!

 
About 4 years ago I posted my first "BookFace" on Piper Loves the Library.  I thought I would make it a quarterly mini-series.  A simple easy post that was all about fun and reading trends.  But some ideas just barely come together and then flop.  (see for yourself!)
 
Well, with #SummerReadingPrograms wrapping up I felt the need to take some photos of our teen volunteers.  Yet the teen volunteers suddenly went all "too cool for photos".  Hmmm...I had an answer for that.  BookFace revival!  And they were willing! (Silent victory...I needed to walk the cool walk to get the photos)



They were willing to sit in front of the stacks...all "library like"! 



We have the best teens!  We do.  

 
 Not only do they volunteer to help with children's programs...they read!



And that my friends, is How It Went Down...which happens to be one of my favorite summer reads.  


My heartfelt thanks for the wonderfully kind, generously patient and tremendously talented teens that rocked our summer.  You brought many smiles to the little kids and to the staff as well.  We appreciate you and the time you give to making this, your library something special.  We could not have survived Summer Reading Programs without you. Thank you.

~ mrs breen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.