Friday, April 6, 2012

Where's My Chick?

Here a chick, there a chick, everywhere a chick chick! 


Easter is so darn pretty!

I have been making chicks for two days...and you thought they hatched from eggs!!
These have been so much fun to stitch, photograph and play with!


My thanks to the Flannel Friday Family for inspiring the felt chicks in the plastic eggs! 
Jump over to visit Miss Tara on her blog,  Storytime with Miss Tara , for all sorts of cute little chick and spring ideas.  

The Library is hosting a Spring Story Time with real bunnies later this month and I will use the little chicks in their eggs for the program.  And we will hold the eggs...just like Miss Tara's kids and I think I will read Hurry, Hurry by Eve Bunting ( just like Miss Tara!), and 
Where's My Egg? by Tony Mitton. 

Where's My Egg is A Lift or Flip-The-Flap-Book, kids love this simple gimmick.  It helps them to focus on the page as well as use fine motor skills to actually lift the flap.  Snuggling and reading is even more fun when your child is drawn in to participate and play on each page. 

I will write more on Lift-the-Flap books in my next post.  Stay tuned.  In the meantime, 
Happy Easter!

Pattern for these adorable chicks comes from Myrtle & Eunice
http://www.myrtleandeunice.com/2011/04/how-to-make-easter-chick.html