Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CLA Today!

Flannel - check!  Books - check   Easels - check!
Flannel display boards - check! check!




Car packed?  check!
Jane dressed?   Jane dressed?    JANE!!!!

I can not resist this adorable picture book to illustrate my final steps in "preparedness."  Maybe it's the life of a children's librarian - often times the "Jill of-all-trades" but I seem to take everything with me.  One never really know what adventure awaits!  Does one?  Author Bethanie Deeney Murguia gets me to a "T" or maybe a "Z" in this case!  I realize I'm not alone in this creative process.  Maybe you'll see yourself, your sister, your co-worker or your child in this book.  It's just precious. 

Zoe Gets Ready by Bethanie Deeney Murguia







Ready for everything! 
 Cowgirl boots, mittens, fairy wings, fancy skirt, pocket vest
and a flower crown!
Oh, don't forget the trusty side-kick, a butterfly (or a beautiful Piper dog)

It's time to roll to the Flannel Panel.  Many thanks to:
 you have provided inspiration, organization and so much joy to my flannel life.  

P.S. (Piper Script): If you would like more info on Bethanie Deeney Murguia please visit her website -Aqua Pup!!











4 comments:

  1. Great presentation at CLA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mrsshaia? You were there? We should connect! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could have gone to CLA with you! I would have even worn the cowboy boots, fairy wings, etc. but my crown would have had sit atop my purple or pink cowboy hat and my special cuddy would have been my little monkey friend that belonged to my son...

    Thank you for introducing me to this sweet book. I am ordering it now and making plans to collect costume pieces and props for my storytime share ~ ponytails and all! So fun!

    Enjoy your Saturday!
    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe gets Ready is a fabulous book. So much fun to read with the kids. Props will make it spectacular. Dress up is the best! ~ jane

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.