Friday, June 14, 2013

Twinkle Stars on Flannel Friday

Twinkle! Twinkle!
Oh!  How we love those stars!

Today is about stars.  The moms and dads who carve out time in their busy schedules to bring their little ones to story time - you are truly stars.  We love that you come.  And you know you are doing the right thing.  You are awesome.  

On Monday evening we have, what I now call "Prime Time" at our library.   It's Pajama Story Time - 6:30 to 7:15 for all ages.  Kids must bring a grown-up.   We sing many cool songs in this program...yet the classic Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is always, always, always a "hit"!  Need I say more?

I found these foam stars while cleaning out the supplies cabinet.  Remembered that I had fat popsicle sticks at home and with some book tape and a black sharpie I was done ...in a flash, or a twinkle?   Look!  A sample of smiling stars on sticks!  Not original...but very handy. 






And one of my favorite books for PJ Prime Time: STARS by Mary Lynn Ray. It's beautiful!  Your little star will love to cuddle on your lap and listen and look.  And sing!

Oh!  almost forgot we have a new Good Night song for our PJ Prime Time. It comes from Laurie Berkner, I think you'll like it!  Click here.



P.S. (Piper Script), We're going out to look for stars tonight, maybe you can too. 








2 comments:

  1. I Love Twinkle, Twinkle too! My grandsons love Laurie Berkner's Moon,Moon,Moon as a lullaby too! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, Laurie Berkner is always one of my favs. ~ jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.