Saturday, April 26, 2014

Reading Super Stars!

I "FELT" like a Super Hero!


And this is how I did it!
It's all in the cuffs...really.

We did this project in the library well over a year ago but I never posted our felt super hero wrist bands/cuffs.  So here they are.  And look at the simple construction:


I visited my local  and very friendly Starbucks 
where they willingly provided about 60 of these. 
I had middle school volunteers helping the younger kids.
We used some simple clip art for patterns.
(stars, rainbows, smiley faces, moons,etc.)  
Lots of felt remnants.  Of course some 
of us kids used glitter!  Glue your design right 
onto the cardboard.  And there you have it.

This one size fit every kid and all of the middle schoolers.  
Warning: This Starbucks cup holder does not fit all adults! 
 Improvise because it is so much fun to walk around the library
 wearing super hero cuffs, or just to have them on your desk 
when the kids come up.  You can say....

Shhhh!  I am a librarian by day and...SUPER HERO AT NIGHT!



You may want to visit Lisa at Thrive After Three.  She's been posting some wonderful super heroes for story time on her blog.  And she's also the host for this week's round up.

Piper and I are happy to say that Flannel Friday keeps us creative.  Thanks to all!  

P.S. (Piper Script) I keep my super hero cuffs in my bed, under my pillow...just in case! 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You made this just for me. Haha. I'm going to find coffee collars right now.
    Will I be able to meet you at CLA Tuesday by any chance?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the glittery ones. This post made me smile! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Thanks! - Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Thanks - Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.