Thursday, March 13, 2014

Flannel Friday! They Say It's Your Birthday!

Happy Birthday Flannel Friday!

from My Storytime Life and Piper Loves the Library!
And yes! We're wearing flannel!

Piper and I are celebrating with fellow FF'ers this week by sharing our favorites.  If you want to visit Flannel Heaven - visit the Flannel Friday Pinterest Page - click here!


My personal flannel ah-ha moment arrived when I discovered storytimekatie and flannel bandaids for her puppy.  Eyes wide open to connecting my puppets to the flannel board.   Sadly I had no idea who storytimekatie was or where to find her inspiring blog again until I discovered Mel's Desk and it all came together.  Many thanks to storytimekatie for the inspiration and helping Piper be ever-so-dramatic!
Please check out storytimekatie

Piper has tons of bandaids now and her "intro" story is a flannel song!  
Take a look at Piper's girl

Picture book flannels have been the mainstay of my collection and here are some that have inspired me from FF:








And here are a couple of mine:


This is one of the best stories in a box I have ever witnessed.  Watching Kari Ann do this is very dear, sweet and loving.  The audience loves it and her in this story.  Maybe some day I will make it.  But for now, I can borrow hers!  Amen to that.
http://mystorytimelife.blogspot.com/2012/01/flannel-friday-time-for-cake.html



And this is a one-of-a-kind amazing project that brings tears to my eyes.  xo
http://www.sotomorrowblog.com/2012/06/flannel-friday-very-special-delivery.html


Let's get this party going!  

P.S. (Piper Script):  I'll get the bubbles!




2 comments:

  1. Love the collection of blogposts...I still love your post, Clip Clop! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thank you so much! I'm so glad that Applesauce and his band-aids were able to help you and Piper work together. And many thanks to Melissa to reuniting us!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. All comments await moderation before showing in the post.